Thursday, October 21, 2010

Well, I'm writing something. I've been unable to keep up with this but I'll keep trying.
I had a good day at the Oconee Chamber Fall Festival in Watkinsville, Ga. The weather was beautiful and the place was packed. We had people in and out of the booth steadily until mid afternoon. They stayed open until 6:00 p.m. which didn't really seem to work out that well. It was quite slow after 4 and after 5 it was essentially dead. Oh well, I made a little money to go toward paying the credit card. I also have had a spurt of sales on my Etsy shop. Hopefully that will continue, but it usually just spurts with several sales and then it dies off for a while. I've been adding more items to the shop, some of which are new and some of which I've had on hand for a while. I'm also turning some new bowls. I started on a Box Elder bowl from a 4 X 4 blank, a Tineo bowl from a 6 X 2 blank and a Crotchwood Chinaberry bowl from an 8 X 3 blank.
I also got some Tineo lumber from Cook Woods on Ebay. It'll be the top and apron for a side table and I'm planning on making the legs out of Cherry. The Tineo lumber is pictured at the left. It's 7/8" thick and the smaller pieces which will make the top are 22-1/2" long and from 8 to 10 inches wide. The longer piece is 37" long and from 7 to 8 inches wide. It will take me a while to get to this stuff, too many projects in front of it.

I've also got to replenish my stock of the best selling items at the festival; rubber band guns and ping pong ball guns. Those sold out pretty quick. I'll have to make sure I have more of them at the next festival. I'll be listing them on Etsy also.








Well, that's about all I've got for right now. I'll try to get back here sooner next time but who knows. At least I'm not running crazy trying to get ready for a festival.

See ya'.

No comments:

Post a Comment